SAVE THE DATE!
2017 NIRMA Information Management Conference
August 6-9, 2017
JW Marriott Resort and Spa
Nuclear Information and Records Management Association (NIRMA) is the nuclear industry’s leader in information and records management. Since 1976, NIRMA has been uniquely qualified to provide guidance to commercial and Department of Energy facilities in the areas of quality records programs, regulatory compliance activities, electronic records initiatives, document management technologies, and knowledge management issues.
NIRMA is a Not-For-Profit Corporation governed by a Board of Directors, and has members from the U.S. as well as international communities. NIRMA provides information to its members through newsletters, bi-annual business unit meetings, our NIRMA website and the annual conference.
To be the internationally recognized authority for Information and Records Management Professionals among regulated industries or agencies and their regulators.
To support regulated nuclear and selected industries, agencies, and their regulators in the development, implementation and administration of documents, records and information management processes to facilitate cost-effective operations and regulatory compliance.
To promote professionalism, continuing education, accountability, teamwork, integrity, respect and excellence in all endeavors.
NIRMA provides individuals and their organizations with real and timely opportunities to:
· Influence industry direction and regulatory policy
· Collaborate with industry peers on industry best practices
· Contribute to resolution of emerging industry issues
· Develop ANSI Standards and other technical and management guidance documents that address evolving challenges in today’s energy environment
· Develop and train Information Management Staff in Records Management, Document Control, and Information Management basics.
In addition, individuals can assume leadership roles that support personal growth and development goals as well as provide direct benefit to their respective organizations.
NIRMA has developed advantageous interfaces with several other professional organizations - in both the Nuclear and Information Management Industries. A few examples of these relationships are listed below.
Information Management & Nuclear Industry
· ANSI - American National Standards Institute
· AIIM - Association of Information and Image Management
· ARMA - International Association of Records Managers and Administration
· CMBG - Configuration Management Benchmarking Group
· EPRI - Electric Power Research Institute
· FIRM - Federal Information Resources Management Association
· IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
· ICRM - Institute of Certified Records Managers
· NEI - Nuclear Energy Institute
· NITSL - Nuclear Information Technology Strategic Leadership
· NRC - Nuclear Regulatory Commission
NIRMA has a professional alliance with the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) where advanced certification and recognition of Nuclear Information and Records Specialist (NS) is conferred for Certified Records Managers (CRM) who meet the NS qualifications.